Weekend in Seattle, Washington

Thursday 9 February 2012

Lemon Loaf, Sunshine and Spring!!



Robin
We had four or five days of sunshine with no clouds here in Vancouver.  What a great few days that was - my husband had that four days off and we were able to get out and enjoy some walks around the lake near us.  Seems too that people are in a better mood, more talkative at the checkout stands of the grocery store and we need that!!  We saw people in shorts too - a bit cold for me although we did get up to almost 14 degrees Celsius.  Robins (the birds) are usually one of the first signs of spring and there were many of them hopping around the grass.

Anyways without further adieu (seems like such an old fashioned saying), I present you with my:

        LEMON LOAF     
 1/2 c. margarine or butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • grated rind of 1 lemon
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • pinch salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar together with mixer. Add eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and salt
and lemon rind and mix all until just blended. Bake in greased loaf tin for
45 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix juice of one lemon with 1/8 cup sugar and spoon over
loaf while still in the pan when just removed from oven. I poke little holes in it with a
toothpick so the juice gets inside the loaf too. Wait until thoroughly cooled to remove
from pan. Slice and enjoy a slice of spring!!Would love to hear your comments.  Please
don't be shy - if you have any questions or ideas for me.  Also don't forget to go to my
Julie's Cooking Facebook page and "Like" me if you haven't already.  Means a lot to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment