Weekend in Seattle, Washington

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Kellogg's Cereal Happy

Kellogg's New Products
The other day the mailman dropped off a big box for me.  It was a boxful of goodies from Kellogg's.  These products are new and come into the stores sometime this month.  I got three boxes of cereal and a box of cereal bars and a box of Rice Krispies granola bars.

This is a great way to start January - every morning after my latte I think about having my piece of toast with peanut butter and jam and then I look at my cereal cupboard and remember I have a lot of cereal.  Cereal and banana is a good way to start your day - just a habit the peanut butter on toast.  I think though if I had to be stranded on a desert island peanut butter would be one of the things I wouldn't want to be without.

So ..... today I had the Kellogg's Rice Krispies Brown Rice Gluten Free.  I first noticed the familiar snap, crackle and pop that never changes. (thankfully)  Brings back memories of sitting at my parent's breakfast table before going off to school.

I liked the cereal - it's easy to eat, it's flavor is simple enough that you can add a banana or whatever other kind of fruit you like.  It doesn't get soggy.  I'm happy with it and a 1 cup serving with 1/2 cup of 1 percent milk is only 120 calories.  The box also says there is less than a teaspoon of sugar per serving.

Ok so now I am off to a good start since we are going on a trip to Portugal fairly soon.  When I am there I won't want to watch what I'm eating so much.  Isn't that part of being on a holiday?  Enjoy all there is, right?  Believe me there is so much good food and wine, sand and sun, beaches and we are lucky to have family and friends there.

I heard that we should be having 2 snacks each day - almonds are especially good and high in fibre so I have bought the large bag at Costco as the price is more reasonable.  I combine them with cashews and raisins and we put some on the table before dinner.

This morning my snack was Kellogg's All-Bran Bars.  It was Orange Cranberry with Natural Orange Flavour.  They call it a cereal bar.  It is very thin and dark - looks like a healthy snack.  My first bite - wow!!  I liked!!!  My mouth was alive with an orange flavor - delicious.  I think I inhaled it  - was gone very quickly before the water in my kettle had boiled for tea. At 130 calories it is a good choice for a healthy in-between meal snack.





Don't forget to check out my other blog at:  http://jaxjule.wordpress.com








No comments:

Post a Comment