Weekend in Seattle, Washington

Saturday 24 March 2012

Portugal Trip - Come and Gone




Strawberry Cheesecake



The four pictures above are from our time in Guimaraes, Portugal which is in the North. That is where Portugal actually began. There is lots of great history and culture there as well as good restaurants that serve traditional Portuguese food. I know I have mentioned it before in another blog but our favorite is Cantar Vitorias Restaurante. If you do manage to get there please tell them Julia and Joaquim Guilherme from Vancouver, Canada recommended it. These people really are all about great service and delicious food but you must bring your appetite because the servings are generous.

Yes I'm back from Portugal.  We had two wonderful weeks where we attended my father-in-law's 90th birthday and our nephew's wedding (all in our first week!)  The first night sleep we had was at my sister-in-law's house and the room is very dark with the outside shutters closed.  We woke up at one point and after checking my watch and thinking it was only 5:30 a.m. we went back to sleep.  Later we got up, showered and my husband, Jack went downstairs to say "good morning".  He came running up the stairs and said "Julie - do you know what time it is?" "It's 3:00 in the afternoon!!!"  Our hosts were quite worried about us.  How's that for jet lag.  So we had cafe and toast and jam at around 4:00 and then one of many fabulous dinners around 9:00.  Some people in Portugal eat between 9:00 and 11:00 but they have a bigger lunch at 1:00 (more like my dinners).    



Check out my other articles relating to Portugal at:

http://jaxjule.wordpress.com/tag/portugal/

No comments:

Post a Comment