Weekend in Seattle, Washington

Thursday 27 October 2011

Can't Live Without my Peanut Butter








What's the one food you can't be without?  For me I think hands down it is peanut butter.  I have heard that some people eat so much of their favorite foods, ice cream or candies that they feel sick at the thought of eating them again.  I am not that type of girl I guess.  I have never eaten a whole box of cookies, or a tub of ice cream (brrrrr - the thought of that drives me crazy! - sensitive teeth).

You always see people overindulging after a bad breakup or when someone has let you down or you didn't make a team or didn't get picked for something.  




I am going to share a recipe of my Mom's now - it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas baking but it's one of my favorites and I heard they got snow on our mountains yesterday. Just 58 days until Christmas!!!

SNOWBALLS (Unbaked)

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (chopped)
  • 1 cup Rice Krispies
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • coconut
Cream together the peanut butter, icing sugar and butter.  Add  Rice Krispies and walnuts or pecans.  Shape into little balls about 1 inch in diameter.  Make a very thin icing of icing sugar and water(mostly water).  Dip balls in the icing water and roll in the coconut.  Place on wax paper or foil.  These may be kept frozen and served without defrosting.  I like them right out of the freezer!!! Just like a snowball - only tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment