Weekend in Seattle, Washington

Thursday 22 September 2011

Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies

I think today is the first day of Fall - looks like it for sure!!!  We had a heavy rainfall warning in the Vancouver area.  I enjoyed listening to the rain coming down last night while we were supposed to be sleeping.  I didn't have to get up early so it was ok for me.

Since it is fall-like out I decided to make Grandma Campbell's oatmeal cookies today.  Don't you love the fresh baked cookies smell?  My Grandma was a great woman - she and Grandpa used to take my cousin and I for the weekend when we were kids.  We had such a great time playing canasta (cards) and she would make us waffle sandwiches for breakfast.  These were so delicious - it was one waffle covered in butter and then syrup and a scoop of ice cream and then  another waffle to top it and then a spray of whip cream!!! We would watch Lawrence Welk (one of Grandma's favorite tv shows) and then probably the Ed Sullivan show and beg to stay up just a bit longer.  Once in bed we would make jokes and laugh until we were told to keep it down and go to sleep.  Good memories. If you would like the recipe email me and I will send it to you.


 

   

1 comment: